Friday, July 6, 2012

And with Big Steps of Faith Comes Miracles.

Through the Eyes of Lacy Bobb:

One night we had an outreach where we used media such as videos on phones-- to start spiritual conversations with people on the beach. To be completely honest, my heart was a little bitter about using this method of evangelism. I thought it would be ineffective, a waste of time, and no one would want to watch a video on some stranger's phone. Plus it was a cooler night and not many people will be on the beach. Regardless of what was going on in my heart, my small (DNA) group started out little trek along the beach boardwalk. There were a few people we thought about talking to, but eventually we saw three young ladies walking towards us on the beach. We approached them and they were actually wiling to watch the video and were open to discussing and talking afterwards too. This conversation led us to do our Soularium picture survey with the three girls as well. This worked really great because there were five in my small group and we all got to interact with the three girls separately. I got to meet and interact with a girl named Victoria. She had just gotten done with her junior year of high school and she was very searching yet intuitive with the answers she gave for Soularium.  I ended up sharing the Gospel with her and drawing out the diagram from the "Knowing God Personally" booklet in the sand. She understood what I was saying, and it dawned on me that she may want to accept Christ (my bitter heart was obviously in the way). So I went over the prayer and she said yes! It was so exciting and I was so thrilled that God could even use my bitter heart to draw this His lost ones to Himself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment